(Effectvie from 01 January 2020, 00:00 Hrs)
We at TechWheelz.com (“we”, or “us”) understands the importance of privacy and confidentiality of our customers personal information.
If you are a Buyer, we may ask you to provide following information:
- contact details which includes your name; shipping/billing address; contact number, and email address;
- payment information includes debit card, credit card, UPI, wallet or similar payment information that you intend to purchase the product;
- information about your order details including: the goods purchased and its quantity;
We collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- verifying Platform account registrations including conducting fraud, security, “Know Your Customer” and anti-money laundering checks in order to approve your Seller account;
- setting up / administering Buyer accounts, including providing log-in IDs and setting up payment / transaction accounts;
- providing customer service support, responding to your queries, feedback and managing claims and/or disputes;
- providing/supporting general Platform services, facilitating processing transactions and payments, providing logistics and delivery services;
- providing relevant membership benefits including birthday rewards, membership offers and coupons, anniversary awards, exclusive member prices;
- verifying your identity and purchases in connection with product warranty or other after-sales claims;
- assessing and monitoring account security and transaction risks of Buyers and Sellers, detecting and preventing fraud, money laundering and other security incidents;
- sending and serving tailored marketing and advertising that we believe will be of interest to you based on the ways in which you use the Platform, your browsing records, and order history
What are cookies?
A cookie is a set of string of information that is received to your browser and collected on your computer or mobile device’s storage. If you do not de-activate or erase the cookie, each time you use the same browser or device to access the Platform, our web servers will be notified of your visit to the Platform and in turn we may have knowledge of your visit and the pattern of your usage.
Cookies set by the www.techwheelz.com are called “first party cookies“. Cookies set by third parties other than the website owner are called “third party cookies“. Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (e.g. like advertising, interactive content and analytics). The parties that set these third party cookies can recognize your device both when it visits the website in question and also when it visits certain other websites.
Cookies are also categorized as “session cookies” (which are erased once you close the browser or shut down the device) and “persistent cookies” (which remain even after closing the browser or shutting down the device/application and which are activated each time you visit the Platform). Session cookies use encrypted data to authenticate you. Persistent cookies do not store account numbers or passwords. We use both session cookies and persistent cookies.
We use only first party cookies.
Some cookies are required for technical and/or security reasons in order for our Platform to operate, and we refer to these as “essential” or “strictly necessary” cookies. First party cookies are mainly served to enable basic functionality on our Platform; including web analytics cookies that help us understand how users use our web pages and how we can improve their use. For example we use essential or strictly necessary cookies to enable us to remember goods added to your shopping basket and to recognize you when you sign into your account.
Security Contreol Measures:
We implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to prevent unauthorized access to the Site, to maintain data accuracy and to ensure the correct use of the information we hold. Upon becoming aware of a data breach, we will notify you and the regulatory authorities in accordance with the timescales and scope required by applicable data protection law.
For registered users of the Site, some of your information can be viewed and edited through your account, which is protected by a password. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. Our personnel will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited email. If you share a computer with others, you should not choose to save your log-in information (e.g., user ID and password) on that shared computer. Remember to sign out of your account and close your browser window when you have finished your session.
No data transmission over the internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be perfectly secure. As a result, while we use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the information we hold for you, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to over the internet.